This is a very mysterious subject for most people. We have all heard about hackers but did you know that there are “black hat hackers” and “white hat hackers” I’m sure you can deduce what that means. But black hat hackers are the bad malicious hackers trying to steal your money and information. White hat hackers are the good guys trying to protect information and money from being stolen. Now that you know that there are good hackers out there to help I want to give you a few tips and tricks to help you know what to do to help protect your business and be proactive so you don’t have to learn what it feels like to have your information maliciously compromised.
- The first thing to do is make sure that your business has a physical security system.
- Make sure that you are using a safe product to do your work on such as apple products iMac or Macbook Pro these are harder to hack and have fewer programs for hackers to access them.
- Get LifeLock for your and your employees.
- Make sure that your wifi router and modem are the newest models no older than 2 years old.
- Office work and personal work should be done on separate wifi networks and separate computers. Work wifi network and a guest network would be the best option whenever possible. Allow your employees to bring personal laptops to work and connect on the guest wifi for things like Facebook at work.
- Links in emails should never be clicked on unless you know who it is from and they have verified that they are indeed sending you a link. This also is the same with USB drives. Do NOT insert a USB drive into your computer without knowing who and where it has come from.
For more tips and tricks to keep your business safe, secure, and protected set up a consultation with us to go over your unique situation. Also, I want to leave you with the information that online banking is never safe. Did you know that most banks don’t give you guaranteed protection on the money in your business bank account as they do for personal accounts? Most of the big banks are really bad about this. Small boutique credit unions are most reliable for online business banking cybersecurity. You might want to call your specific bank and ask about your business bank safety and account cybersecurity.
We have so much more to share on this subject so please let us consult on how to help protect your company.